Despite your best efforts, your tooth may become damaged or discolored. Because of an injury, your tooth may become chipped, cracked, or broken. Perhaps you have decay or a large dental filling that has severely weakened your tooth. You may be unfortunate enough to have a stained or misshapen tooth. If you have any of these dental issues, a dental crown can be a helpful tool to fix your smile.
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cap that is placed over your tooth to repair and strengthen it. Dental crowns are used by dentists to restore teeth. Dental crowns can restore or fix the shape, size, strength, or appearance of your tooth. Your dental crown can save your tooth by doing one or more of the following:
• Protect your tooth from breaking if it is weak
• Restore your tooth if it is broken or worn down
• Cover, protect, and support your tooth if it has a large dental filling
• Cover a tooth that is misshapen or stained
• Improve the appearance of a tooth
Our dentist will custom-make your dental crown so that it will have optimal fit and comfort. If you so desire, your dental crown can be made from tooth-colored materials. Ask your dentist about how a dental crown can help your smile today!