Today’s stores and dental offices provide a multitude of options for teeth whitening. Gilbert Fernandez, DDS, Inc.’s dental professionals are happy to work with you to find which options to best for you and getting a better and brighter smile. Many of these options include hydrogen or carbamide peroxides to whiten teeth. Some ways to whiten your smile include:
– Over-the-counter bleaching products such as tray-based bleaching systems that you can either purchase or are recommended by your dentist; whitening gels and whitening strips are another over-the-counter product that is very popular.
– At-home bleaching products that are easy to use include mouthwashes and toothpastes specified towards teeth whitening.
– In-office bleaching is in a dentist’s office where they apply a protective gel or shield is over your gums and then a special bleach is applied to your teeth.
Make sure to look for the ADA seal of approval when purchasing a product. Many of these products also include stain-removing agents such as polishing or chemical ingredients. Stained teeth can be the result of:
– Pigmented drinks and foods (for example, wine or coffee)
– Dentin (soft part of the teeth under enamel that is more yellow) appearing over time as enamel wears down from eating and aging
– Nicotine and tar stains from smoking or using tobacco
– Injuries that create dentin to help repair the tooth
– Side effects of medications sometimes cause yellowness
Gilbert Fernandez, DDS, Inc. wants to give you your best smile, so give our office in Albuquerque, New Mexico a call at 505-898-8063 to schedule a tooth whitening appointment or consultation today!